Become a Seasonal Instructor for 2018
We are now accepting application forms for the summer 2018 season.
What is the main criteria?
Closing date for applications:
31st January 2018
Potential interview date:
Potential training dates:
March 2018 (throughout the Easter holidays)
Potential start date:
Competitive. Voluntary roles are also available which can contribute to programmes such as the Duke of Edinburgh Awards
You must over the age of 16, be eligible to work in the UK, and will be required to undergo a standard DBS check
What are we looking for?
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic people to join our hardworking staff team. If you have a passion for the outdoors and a willingness to learn then Eaton Vale is the place for you.
As a seasonal instructor, you will assist in running activity sessions multiple times a day. You will grow to be a valued member of the team, working alongside both team members and independently.
Whether you have worked in the outdoor industry before or are looking to start a career, experience and qualifications are desirable but not essential. We are looking for passionate candidates who we can develop into great instructors.
What are the necessary qualities?
- Have strong communicational skills and be comfortable speaking to new people
- Be open to new challenges
- Comfortable in the outdoors for long periods of time
What are the desirable qualities?
- Any experience in the outdoors, whether that be with Scouts or Guides or as a hobby
- Any experience in sports, whether that be through qualifications or as a hobby
- National Governing Body qualifications will be hugely beneficial, such as through Archery GB or British Canoeing
What are the company benefits?
- Successful candidates will be given free uniform
- A strong training programme to ensure that you have all of the knowledge you require before starting the busy season
- Opportunity to gain National Governing Body qualifications
- Flexibility with hours
Who are we?
Eaton Vale Activity Centre is a premier activity location based in the heart of Norfolk. Built in 2002 as a joint venture between Norfolk Scouts and Guides, we have grown into a busy year-round location for all kinds of local, national and international groups.
During the summer period, we experience a high influx of schools, youth groups, birthday parties, and charities coming to our centre. We have many loyal customers who return year after year due to the high standards they have grown to expect from Eaton Vale.
Our staff members represent us as a centre, welcoming our customers and providing them with an enjoyable experience. As part of our team, you will learn our key values and how we use that to ensure that we provide the more enjoyable and educational experience for anyone from the age of 5 years upwards.
This year we are lucky enough to be a part of Norjam, an international Scout and Guide jamboree, for which we will be responsible for the majority of the activities. This event spans a week during our busiest time, and brings in thousands upon thousands of customers from across the globe. We rely on our skilled instructors to show the best of themselves during this week, and have continuously received incredible feedback from our customers complimenting their enthusiasm and dedication.