Our next course is Wednesday 16th May - Friday 18th May and will cover Rescues.
The cost of the course is £216+VAT per person.
What will I learn?
This course covers everything you need to know in order to facilitate rescues from Traditional or Adventure Park ropes courses. Whenever a ropes course is in use, there should be a rescuer available should anybody need assistance – the role of the rescuer is additional to the normal duties of the instructor.
The course meets the standard for a person to be qualified as a European Ropes Course Association (ERCA) Ropes Course Rescuer, as set out in EN15567 pt 2.
There will be both practical and theory sessions to enable the group to cover the entire syllabus.
Who can take this course?
- This course has a minimum age requirement of 18
- Candidates must hold a valid First Aid qualification
- Candidates must be qualified as an instructor in one other ropes course
- Candidates must be confident at height and be of good physical condition
- Candidates must have experience in rope techniques, such as knots and abseiling
Where can this course take me?
This course will qualify you as a qualified Ropes Course Rescuer. This role is in addition to the regular duties of an instructor.
What will I need to bring?
- Please provide your own lunch
- Notepad and pens will be required to take notes throughout the duration of the course
- Waterproofs/wet weather clothing may be required, depending on the weather conditions
- Open-toed or heeled shoes, and jewellery are not appropriate for this course
- Long hair must be tied back
What will be supplied?
- All specialist equipment and safety equipment is provided
- You will receive an ERCA Generic Rescuer Information pack
- Refreshments, such as teas and coffees, will be provided throughout the duration of your course
- Your certificate is included in the price