What will I learn?
The 1 Star Award is designed to recognise the level people would typically reach after an introduction to paddlesport.
How long will this course be?
This course will take place over 2 days.
Who can take this course?
- Candidates must be confident in water, and ideally should be able to swim
Where can this course take me?
This course will recognise your skill at an introductory level. From here, you can continue to work towards the various other Star Awards as your skill level grows.
What will I need to bring?
- Please provide your own lunch
- Notepad and pens will be required to take notes throughout the duration of the course
- Appropriate clothing for Paddlesport is necessary
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment should you wish
- Open-toed or heeled shoes, and jewellery are not appropriate for this course
What will be supplied?
- Use of equipment, such as canoes and buoyancy aids, are included in the course fee
- You will receive a BC 1 Star Information pack
- Refreshments, such as teas and coffees, will be provided throughout the duration of your course