What will I learn?
The 2 Star qualification is an improvement award which supports the development of paddlesport skills on sheltered water. You will learn the fundamental skills within both canoeing and kayaking that are needed to remain in control.
How long will this course be?
This course will take part over 2 days.
Who can take this course?
- You must be able to swim at least 25 minutes whilst wearing a buoyancy aid
- You must have experience of paddling 2 different craft
- You must have experience of paddling in 2 different locations
- You must have experience of competing in 2 competitions or completed 2 journeys of approximately 2 hours duration
Where can this course take me?
You can continue to progress through the Star qualifications, which demonstrate your personal paddlesport skills. 2 Star qualifications will enable you to progress on to a British Canoeing Coaching qualification, alongside an FSRT.
What will I need to bring?
- Please provide your own lunch
- Notepad and pens will be required to take notes throughout the duration of the course
- Appropriate clothing for Paddlesport is necessary
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment should you wish
- Open-toed or heeled shoes, and jewellery are not appropriate for this course
What will be supplied?
- Use of equipment, such as canoes and buoyancy aids, are included in the course fee
- You will receive a BC 2 Star Information pack
- Refreshments, such as teas and coffees, will be provided throughout the duration of your course