Who is collecting the information?
- Any personal data provided is held and processed by Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity Centre Ltd which is a charity registered number 1073816. We have links to Norfolk Scouts and Girlguiding Norfolk but do not shared any personal information between the organisations.
What data is being collected and what do we use it for?
- Any new booking to Eaton Vale requires personal information including name, address and postcode which is required to create an invoice for the booking. Other information like your phone number and email address are collected and used to communicate with you about your booking and will be used to send invoices, activity schedules, medical forms and additional booking forms if needed.
- Certain type of bookings such as Holiday Club, Courses and Events require sensitive information including DOB, medical/dietary information and next of kin information (emergency contact) is collected as the company acts as loco parentis and in an emergency might need to use the information in a hospital or need to contact a legal guardian/parent.
- All Education type bookings (schools, colleges) all require a medical form to be filled in for each activity group, theses will include name and medical/dietary information only. This information is shared with the instructors. Dietary information is shared with Lightfoot Catering Ltd (our catering contractor).
- We will from time to time contact our previous customers to share offers and events coming up. All customers have the option to remove themselves from this distribution list which will prevent any further emails.
How long are we keeping the data?
- When a booking is complete, the booking form and data from the booking is kept securely within our online booking software or within our locked archive at the centre.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- To ensure the data is correct and up to date, all customers are legally entitled to request details of the personal information which we hold about you, under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
How do we keep your information secure?
- All bookings are processed by the centre and are then inputted onto our booking software. This is hosted on the internet and can only be accessed using a secure username and password.
- All users (the staff members of the centre) have an access level and only those who need to use the data are given appropriate levels of access.
- The software is called Cinolla and is a paid service. The company who designed it ensures that the data is secure and can only be accessed by employees of Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity Centre.
- Eaton Vale have the option to close the account with Cinolla and download all data about customers. The data would then be deleted by Cinolla.